Today from Hiiraan Online:
Trial of British terror suspect in Kenya postponed
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
A lawyer for the Kenyan government says the trial of a British national who faces terrorism charges in Kenya will start Thursday.
Lawyer Jacob Ondari says the case failed to start Wednesday because the criminal file of the suspect, who is identified as Jermain Jhon Grant in court documents, was incomplete.
Grant and his three Kenyan co-accused face charges stemming from what Kenyan police say was a failed plot to launch a terrorist attack on Kenyan territory late last year.
Police say they have enough evidence to convict Grant, who is already serving a jail term for being in Kenya illegally.
Kenya has been on high alert for terrorist plots after its decision to send troops into Somalia last October. Police say that since then the Somali militant group al-Shabab is suspected of killing at least 30 Kenyan civilians.
Somali immigrant visa petitions stalling over identity paperwork
Breakaway Somali regions boost education to deter militancy
- Al Arabiya
Somalia regime targets al-Shabaab
Gulf of Aden Security Review - May 9, 2012
- Critical Threats
"Bad day for pirates" video up
- Marine Log
Lawmaker: At Least 17 Killed in Somalia Fighting
Shooting to Kill Pirates Risks Blackwater Moment
Jamal Osman named One World media journalist of the year
- Channel 4 News
Sri Lanka rescues drifting Somali men
- The News International
Foreign Office relaxes travel advice for holidaymakers visiting Kenya's coastline
Somali refugee survivors land on Malta beach, 7 reported dead
Navy 'forced to drop year-round Somalia piracy patrols'
All Rights Reserved Copyright. © 1999-2023, www.hiiraan.com